Re: [MedievalSawdust] Akdeniz

  • tracey sawyer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2010
      <snip> akdeniz kemenche (Black Sea fiddle) <end snip>

      Just being pedantic but if you want to get the nomenclature correct, Akdeniz is the MEDITERRANEAN SEA

      In Turkish:
      Mediterranean: Akdeniz
      Black Sea: Karadeniz

      At least according to Google Translator and personal recall from my stays in Istanbul.

      Lowry

    • Adam MacDonald
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2010
        Yep - you are right - late nights playing music this week with a friend whose surname is Akdeniz... derr.

        Sasha