yahoo query?

  • cochiolo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2010
      I was wondering what that was......thought it was something weird.....tried to contact yahho to find out, but had no success.

      I am indeed a person and my e-mail continues to be rbcochiolo@....   Keep me on the list please.  I am a "lurker" and have learned much.  I'm about to launch into turning and would hate to lose this group.

      Thanks for all of your hard work ande the contributions.  I hope to one day return the favor.

                                                                with respect, Russ in Oceano, CA

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2010
        huh?  Not sure what this is in regards to.....

        Are you commentsing on my post about new members
        or did you recieve another email?

        I am indeed a person and my e-mail continues to be rbcochiolo@yahoo. com.   Keep me on the list please.  I am a "lurker" and have learned much.  I'm about to launch into turning and would hate to lose this group.

        Thanks for all of your hard work ande the contributions.  I hope to one day return the favor.

                                                                  with respect, Russ in Oceano, CA

      • leaking pen
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2010
          probably an automated mesage from yahoo asking them to reply to prove being a person and stay on the list.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 8, 2010
            I guess you'd have to be a lurker and not ever post to get that
            kind of email......

            I've never got one.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2010
              most likly on the newmembers post  I am also a lurker and dont remeber seeing a post about any replying to prove I am not a spam servr but then  Yahoo does filter alot of stuff out I want to read at times.  I have learned alot so far. even though I havent gotten to do any wood working yet. I love knowing how things are made.
              Lady Johannette von Franconoford.  of Grimfells

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 12, 2010
                Lady Johannette;

                "For the sake of argument", perhaps Baron Conal was referring to the main page of the list. And I quote:

                "If you would like to join this group, PLEASE give the moderator a little proof that you are human and not a spammer .....Something more than "I would like to join your group." If you do not give that proof you probably will not get in without me asking for more proof....Tell me about what you want to work on, what you want to learn, or even tell me a joke. "

                If memory serves, I told him a very *b-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-d* joke!

                Wolf
                (and no, I don't think it had anything to do with sheep)