Italian Cassone Plans

  • tstaverton
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2009
      Greetings All,

      I am looking to make a Italian Cassone and am wondering if anybody here has any plans for one? Any help that anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

      Travis
    • james
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2009
        I don't have any plans but have recently been considering the same project. One reference that's been helping me piece some concepts together has been the Victoria and Albert collections database online. They provide multiple examples on various cassone ranging from relatively simple to the "I'll never be able to do that". I'm sticking with the relatively simple. They also provide mulitple images of many cassone including interiors, sides, and backs and they're clear enough to see the dovetails in one chest quite well. Might be some help in giving you some ideas. They're also quite good about providing additional dimension detail and background if you take the time to download the PDF files for the individual pieces.

        Hope that's some help.

        Cedric