Re: Seeking ideas for Arts & Sciences Competition

  • Russell
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009
      We had a weekend event here in Gleann Abhann called "Art Wars". We had teams that made period pieces on site at a weekend event. We had sewing that produced several period outfits, we had blacksmiths that produced the jewelry for period nobles, we had a team that produced a period stained glass piece, and two other teams that produced a period tool box with period tools and yet another team who produced a period wheelbarrow. Rules were simple and documenation was done before the event and judged as a normal A&S competion.

      Galen
    • Starr
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009

        That Sounds Like it would have been a Blast to attend.

        Starr

        We had a weekend event here in Gleann Abhann called "Art Wars". We had teams that made period pieces on site at a weekend event. We had sewing that produced several period outfits, we had blacksmiths that produced the jewelry for period nobles, we had a team that produced a period stained glass piece, and two other teams that produced a period tool box with period tools and yet another team who produced a period wheelbarrow. Rules were simple and documenation was done before the event and judged as a normal A&S competion.

        Galen

      • Russell Stallings
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009
          I think it was more fo a blast to actually have a time frame to build something and we worked into the night to finish our projects on time.  I think everyone finished but a lot of people worked all night on their projects I will see if I can find pics if any of you are interested I will be happy to post to the group or to send to you individually.

          Galen

          'Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam'

          - Latin for

          "I'll Either Find a Way or Make One"

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009

            Please that would great. I can just imagin sitting there working all the time with that clock ticking in your head. Sounds like so much Fun.

            Where are you in your Kingdom, if I may ask? My Lady Wife and I met there years & years ago in the shire in Shreveport.

            Starr

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009

              My Apologies to the List I meant to make my last replay off list.

            • lorderec
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 21, 2009
                yes, photos please!