Re: [MedievalSawdust] Seeking ideas for Arts & Sciences Competition

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009
      From: leaking pen <itsatrap@...>
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, December 6, 2009 10:38:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [MedievalSawdust] Seeking ideas for Arts & Sciences Competition

      three words.  steampunk.

      three?

      Not that steampunk isn't cool....

    • Russell
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009
        We had a weekend event here in Gleann Abhann called "Art Wars". We had teams that made period pieces on site at a weekend event. We had sewing that produced several period outfits, we had blacksmiths that produced the jewelry for period nobles, we had a team that produced a period stained glass piece, and two other teams that produced a period tool box with period tools and yet another team who produced a period wheelbarrow. Rules were simple and documenation was done before the event and judged as a normal A&S competion.

        Galen
      • Starr
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009

          That Sounds Like it would have been a Blast to attend.

          Starr

          We had a weekend event here in Gleann Abhann called "Art Wars". We had teams that made period pieces on site at a weekend event. We had sewing that produced several period outfits, we had blacksmiths that produced the jewelry for period nobles, we had a team that produced a period stained glass piece, and two other teams that produced a period tool box with period tools and yet another team who produced a period wheelbarrow. Rules were simple and documenation was done before the event and judged as a normal A&S competion.

          Galen

        • Russell Stallings
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009
            I think it was more fo a blast to actually have a time frame to build something and we worked into the night to finish our projects on time.  I think everyone finished but a lot of people worked all night on their projects I will see if I can find pics if any of you are interested I will be happy to post to the group or to send to you individually.

            Galen

            'Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam'

            - Latin for

            "I'll Either Find a Way or Make One"

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009

              Please that would great. I can just imagin sitting there working all the time with that clock ticking in your head. Sounds like so much Fun.

              Where are you in your Kingdom, if I may ask? My Lady Wife and I met there years & years ago in the shire in Shreveport.

              Starr

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 7, 2009

                My Apologies to the List I meant to make my last replay off list.

              • lorderec
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 21, 2009
                  yes, photos please!