Re: Reply Re: -[MedievalSawdust] Vasa

  • julian wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2009
      Dear Paul,
       I'm sorry I can't help you any more on this - the Vasa is a bit "late" for the period which is my primary re-enactment focis at the moment; so I haven't looked really closely at what the Vasa Museum has been publishing themselves,- or authorising via projects by non-Swedish Publishers/Authors.
      However, I'm sure that the Vasa is a much "richer" survival than the Mary Rose, the hull having been preserved almost fully inrtact by the deep, dark, and almost sterile waters of the Baltic.
      English is taught as a second language throughout most of Scandinavia, and most Swdes and Norwegians I've met have been fluent therein; - so why don't you query the Curator at the Vasa Museum?
      YiS,
       Matthewe Baker,
      Manor of St. Germayn's,
      Jairsaye,