Re: Stackable Chest Plans

  • bigfredlab
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 25, 2009
      Sage advise for sure . . .

      The chests look great. However, for my purpose, I need to be able to stack 5 boxes (one for each of my family), at least. And me having more than one "Murphy Box" is just asking for trouble 8)

      > I tend to pack that kinda stuff so it will not spill out anyway,
      > just because of Murphy.
      >
      > It it can spill it will.
      >
      > followed closely by
      >
      > If you find a way to keep it from spilling you will knock it over just after you open it anyway
      > and probably dumping it into the grass.... especially if it is pins, beads, needles or any other
      > grouping of small objects that would be a PITA to pick up.
      >
      > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
      >
      > Aude Aliquid Dignum
      > ' Dare Something Worthy '

    • Iain mac an Bhaird
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 2, 2009
        I took a look at your site. That is more or less what I was shooting for. If you could measure the angles, that would be great.

        The angle is about 9 degrees on the medium and large sized chests that I built, but less on the small ones.
        Truly the most important thing is that the difference between the bottom dimension (at the feet) and the top (the seat) is the same, or a little wider, than the width of your side/feet and the handles.  If you start from here the angle is almost a side effect.

        -Iain