Re: [MedievalSawdust] Regalia Chest for a Knight?

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 9, 2009
      How about a nice dovetailed box, carved with motifs from chivalric romance... like this one?

      Cheers,
      Colin

      bayard_turner wrote:
      Greetings, all,

      A friend was recently elevated to knighthood in the SCA, and a couple more may be within a year or two.  I was trying to think of an appropriate gift to commemorate the event, and thought of making a chest or box to keep their regalia - spurs, chain, belt, etc.  The box wouldn't need to be that big, but I'd like it to have separate spaces for each item (a pair of spurs being an item).

      Any thoughts on design?  Chests or boxes I might modify for my purpose?
      I appreciate any ideas you might offer.

      Bayard

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • jljonsn9663
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
        Whoa - visible DTs on a small box. Got more pictures & a description/location/provenance?
      • Kean Gryffyth
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
          DTs?

          -Kean

          jljonsn9663 wrote:
          > Whoa - visible DTs on a small box. Got more pictures & a description/location/provenance?
          >

          > ------------------------------------

        • jljonsn9663
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
            Dovetails

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Kean Gryffyth <kad.dsl@...> wrote:

            > DTs?
            >
            > -Kean
            >
            > jljonsn9663 wrote:
            > > Whoa - visible DTs on a small box. Got more pictures & a description/location/provenance?

          • dano9672
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009
              Mayhaps these will give some inspiration:

              http://codesmiths.com/shed/boxes/
              http://www.greydragon.org/furniture.html
              http://home.earthlink.net/~hovtej/Norman/CHEST.HTM

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009

                Dovetails.

                > Whoa - visible DTs on a small box. Got more pictures & a description/location/provenance?

              • AlbionWood
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009
                  Yes to all.  The coffer is in the Cluny, it's 15th century German, and I have more photos, including the museum card.

                  Colin