Re: [MedievalSawdust] Regalia Chest for a Knight?

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 8, 2009
      What about making a oversized Jewelry box? Out of heavier material and it would have dividers........................Christain......

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 9, 2009
          How about a nice dovetailed box, carved with motifs from chivalric romance... like this one?

          Cheers,
          Colin

          bayard_turner wrote:
          Greetings, all,

          A friend was recently elevated to knighthood in the SCA, and a couple more may be within a year or two.  I was trying to think of an appropriate gift to commemorate the event, and thought of making a chest or box to keep their regalia - spurs, chain, belt, etc.  The box wouldn't need to be that big, but I'd like it to have separate spaces for each item (a pair of spurs being an item).

          Any thoughts on design?  Chests or boxes I might modify for my purpose?
          I appreciate any ideas you might offer.

          Bayard

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • jljonsn9663
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
            Whoa - visible DTs on a small box. Got more pictures & a description/location/provenance?
          • Kean Gryffyth
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
              DTs?

              -Kean

              jljonsn9663 wrote:
              > Whoa - visible DTs on a small box. Got more pictures & a description/location/provenance?
              >

              > ------------------------------------

            • jljonsn9663
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
                Dovetails

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Kean Gryffyth <kad.dsl@...> wrote:

                > DTs?
                >
                > -Kean
                >
                > jljonsn9663 wrote:
                > > Whoa - visible DTs on a small box. Got more pictures & a description/location/provenance?

              • dano9672
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009
                  Mayhaps these will give some inspiration:

                  http://codesmiths.com/shed/boxes/
                  http://www.greydragon.org/furniture.html
                  http://home.earthlink.net/~hovtej/Norman/CHEST.HTM

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009

                    Dovetails.

                    > Whoa - visible DTs on a small box. Got more pictures & a description/location/provenance?

                  • AlbionWood
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 11, 2009
                      Yes to all.  The coffer is in the Cluny, it's 15th century German, and I have more photos, including the museum card.

                      Colin