Re: Newest SCAdian

  • bayard_turner
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 22, 2009
      I made a similar cradle for our then King and Queen for their coronation. Realizing that they were stepping up heading into the war season with a new babe, I made mine knock-down. Pictures are available in the Photos section under "Bayard's Stuff".

      The cradle itself was patterned after an image in the painting "The Birth of the Virgin" by Albrecht Altdorfer in 1525.
      http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/a/altdorfe/2/10birth.html

      Our then royals play 15th Centrury German, but I added through tenons and pegs, like a Viking bed, to make it more practical, if not more period.

      Bayard