Fw: Fw: [MedievalSawdust] Copper Pot Problem

  • Duncan Sinclair
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2009
      Here is my Lady's take on this issue:

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Kathy Thomas <wulfwen@...>
      To: Duncan Sinclair <duncansinclair@...>
      Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 9:56:43 AM
      Subject: Re: Fw: [MedievalSawdust] Copper Pot Problem

      I'll give it a shot.
      The poster is correct - verdigris is toxic.  Unless you are saving it to use in pigments for illuminations, you definitely want to get rid of it!
      There are some websites with specific directions on removing verdigris:
      The technique is simple - scrub the pan well with a mixture of lemon juice or vinegar and salt.  The acid and abrasive should do the trick.
      I hope this helps!

      Not being seen, but being.
      -Tycho Brahe