Re: [MedievalSawdust] 'peaked roof' boxes

  • barondevin@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 50 , Aug 10, 2009
      > I've got the formulas for figuring out the compound miters, but none of<br>
      > them come put evenly.....( simple even degrees.... )<br>
      > Anyone know any tricks for making these that do not involve making <br>
      > lots of firewood? ( as in lots of test cuts )<br>

      I recall a Woodwright's episode where St. Roy was making a candlebox or somesuch. As I remember it he rough cut the miter, then clamped the pieces together and then kerfed down the joint for an exact fit.

      Afraid I don't remember how he figured the rough angle, but hope this gives you a place to look.

      Devin

      "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)
    • Cheri or Anne
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 20, 2009
        I love this group.  Where else can one ask about how to clean copper pots and end up making moonshine in them!  A natural progression.

        Anne

        Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be
        those you know hereafter."

        ---