Re: [MedievalSawdust] 'peaked roof' boxes

  • leaking pen
    Message 1 of 50 , Aug 9, 2009
      the grain follows. it looks to me like the lid is a single carved piece.

      On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Conal O'hAirt Jim
      Hart<baronconal@...> wrote:

      > like this....
      >

      > http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/ConalOhAirt/Chests%20and%20Boxes/?action=view¤t=bf41-1.jpg
      >

      > I've got the formulas for figuring out the compound miters, but none of
      > them come put evenly.....( simple even degrees.... )
      >
      > Anyone know any tricks for making these that do not involve making
      > lots of firewood? ( as in lots of test cuts )
      >

      > The other option is making a lid without the end angles and then
      > cutting it at a 45 degree and fitting a piece inside the cut....
      > But that is not a clean looking as the compound miter...
      >
      > Anyone know which is the usual medieval solution to the problem?
      >

      > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
      >
      > Aude Aliquid Dignum
      > ' Dare Something Worthy '

      > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Cheri or Anne
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 20, 2009
        I love this group.  Where else can one ask about how to clean copper pots and end up making moonshine in them!  A natural progression.

        Anne

        Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be
        those you know hereafter."

        ---