'peaked roof' boxes

    Message 1 of 50 , Aug 9, 2009
      like this....

      http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/ConalOhAirt/Chests%20and%20Boxes/?action=view&current=bf41-1.jpg

      I've got the formulas for figuring out the compound miters, but none of
      them come put evenly.....( simple even degrees.... )

      Anyone know any tricks for making these that do not involve making
      lots of firewood? ( as in lots of test cuts )

      The other option is making a lid without the end angles and then
      cutting it at a 45 degree and fitting a piece inside the cut....
      But that is not a clean looking as the compound miter...

      Anyone know which is the usual medieval solution to the problem?

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Cheri or Anne
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 20, 2009
        I love this group.  Where else can one ask about how to clean copper pots and end up making moonshine in them!  A natural progression.

        Anne

        Go softly and gently for those you meet here will be
        those you know hereafter."

        ---