Book: Early British Chairs & Seats

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      I have just received:

      Jellinek, Tobias. Early British Chairs & Seats From 1500 to 1700.
      Woodbridge: Antique Collectors' Club, 2009. 30cm., hardcover, 320pp.,
      500 color illus. ISBN: 9781851495818
      List Price: $125.00 (available at a substantial discount from various sources)

      The photos are excellent and I strongly recommend the section on the
      Glastonbury chairs. Dating is by the usual antique/art history
      criteria. I do wish that scientific techniques (dendrochronology,
      etc) were used, but this not usually available. Footnotes and a more
      extensive bibliography would also be nice.

      Beth