Re: [medievalsawdust] SOT - New Horatio Hornblower movies./ Master and Commander / LOTR: ROTK/ Timeline / Last Samurai

  • Don Bowen
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2003
      At 11/18/2003, you wrote:
      Crowe is not bad at all, but is the least authoritative
      figure I have seen depicted as a ship's captain in
      any British Navy 18th-19th C. movie.
      Chummy rather than hard. Not depressingly Bounty
      movie style at all.

      Yes, but very true to the book.  The movie is mostly on the second book "The Far Side of the World" but is very well done.  I would say the battle scenes are more Kent than O'Brien.

      Awl Knotted Up  - Custom woodworking

      Don Bowen                          donb@...
      Valley Center, CA

      http://www.braingarage.com