RE: [MedievalSawdust] Viking planes

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 25, 2009

      … just read the below to my lady…  at the moment she’d laughing too hard to be comprehensible…

      Hummm… oxygen may be required before this is over…

      Chas. (who has this weird pain in his side…)

      Lull?

      But I was thinking of "St Benedict and the Jet Planes," an ancient folk song about monks and their Taiwanese knockoff tools, later confusingly rewritten by Elton John.  A few of the cryptic lines indicate the earlier version, such as "She's-a really keen" which is obviously a reference to the sharp edges maintained by the discipline of the (Italian) Monks.

      Cheers,
      Colin

      Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:

      Paul McCartney was a Benedictine monk....?
      Huh. You learn something new every day.