OT: Sketch of wooden object that may be period

  • Kristine Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2009
      I am posting this because I believe the object depicted is made of
      wood, and it seems to be a fairly obscure drawing, so I have no idea
      how likely one is to run into the sketch otherwise.

      Check out ebay item 360163710475. It is alleged to be a sketch dated
      to 1600 of a French distaff. I am not so sure it is a distaff; I think
      it might be a swift or winder instead, but if the date is really 1600
      I thought it might interest people here

      Scolastica

      --
      http://www.geocities.com/souriete/

      If you can't get rid of them ugly old skeletons in the closet, at least teach
      'em how to dance funny. Billy C. Wirtz