Re: [MedievalSawdust] hinged or sleeved side rails for rope bed

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2009
      oh, and  bolts instead of screws in the hinges

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2009

        I would use a sleeve and add a leg close to or from the sleeve…

        Seigneur Robert du Bourg

        Sénéchal du Havre des Glaces

        Homme d’Arme de Lord Marek O’Brien

        Combattant, Archer, Menuisier, Danseur

        bobby.bourgoin@...

        Bobby Bourgoin

        _________________________________

        I just hang on, and suffer well

        Sometimes it’s hard,,, so hard to tell.

        I fear neither, death nor pain.

        I fear a cage, to stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them.

        It should work but I would consider adding an additional
        leg near that joint to help support the side rail and take stress
        off the hinge. ( which is the choice for the joint I would make )
         _______  _______
        [_______][__ _____]

         ||               ||                ||

        if that is at all clear.

        And for a rope bed I'd consider a single rigid slat to keep the
        tension of the ropes from pulling the side rails toward the center
        of the bed. Properly tensioned ropes are going to put a considerable
        amount of pull on that joint.

        ------------ --
        |                    |

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2009
          Thank you all for your suggestions. The help is always appreciated!

          Avitoria