Need plans for knock-down "thrones"

  • bayard_turner
    Message 1 of 7 , May 26, 2009
      Greetings, all,

      I just got a desperate call to build one of those knock-down chairs - plywood, tusk-tenons, looks a bit like a throne. Apparently one of our royalty is attending an event, has no room for the kingdom's travel thrones, and we need a decent seat to offer her. Unfortunately, the event is next Saturday, so I need to get busy.

      Would any of you have a link to plans for such? I've seen them on-line, but can't recall where.

      Thanks in advance!

      Bayard
    • microdaddy@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , May 26, 2009
        Here is the original and below it is someone's modification that requires no additional small pieces to lose.

        http://www.greydragon.org/furniture/chairs/index.html

        http://www.loughdevnaree.org/html/Articles/gothicarchchairs.ppt

        YIS,
        Lord Tristram

        I just got a desperate call to build one of those knock-down chairs - plywood, tusk-tenons, looks a bit like a throne.  Apparently one of our royalty is attending an event, has no room for the kingdom's travel thrones, and we need a decent seat to offer her.  Unfortunately, the event is next Saturday, so I need to get busy.

        Would any of you have a link to plans for such?  I've seen them on-line, but can't recall where.

        Thanks in advance!

        Bayard

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:medievalsawdust-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:medievalsawdust-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • bayard_turner
        Message 3 of 7 , May 26, 2009
          Perfect - exactly what I needed. Thank you very much.

          Bayard

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, microdaddy@... wrote:

          > Here is the original and below it is someone's modification that requires no additional small pieces to lose.
          >
          > http://www.greydragon.org/furniture/chairs/index.html
          >

          > http://www.loughdevnaree.org/html/Articles/gothicarchchairs.ppt
          >

          > YIS,
          > Lord Tristram

        • bigfredlab
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009
            I have seen knockdown thrones at events that only require 1 "key" (in the back). The back has notches that slide down into the sides and the seat has the key that slides into the back along with notches that slide into the sides.

            Does anyone have plans for that type of knockdown "throne"?

            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "bayard_turner" <williams@...> wrote:

            > Perfect - exactly what I needed. Thank you very much.
            >
            > Bayard
            >
            > --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, microdaddy@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Here is the original and below it is someone's modification that requires no additional small pieces to lose.
            > >
            > > http://www.greydragon.org/furniture/chairs/index.html
            > >

            > > http://www.loughdevnaree.org/html/Articles/gothicarchchairs.ppt
            > >

            > > YIS,
            > > Lord Tristram

          • Bobby Bourgoin (Robert du Bourg)
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2009

              Sound like dovetail type slides…

              Seigneur Robert du Bourg

              Sénéchal du Havre des Glaces

              Homme d’Arme de Lord Marek O’Brien

              Combattant, Archer, Menuisier, Danseur

              bobby.bourgoin@...

              Bobby Bourgoin

              _________________________________

              I just hang on, and suffer well

              Sometimes it’s hard,,, so hard to tell.

              I fear neither, death nor pain.

              I fear a cage, to stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them.

              href="http://www.loughdevnaree.org/html/Articles/gothicarchchairs.ppt">http://www.loughdev naree.org/ html/Articles/ gothicarchchairs .ppt

              > > YIS,
              > > Lord Tristram

            • bigfredlab
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 17, 2009
                No, these "thrones" are very similar to the GreyDragon Chairs, but instead of multiple pins around the sides, everything is held together by the seat sliding into grooves and a single larger pin holds the seat into the back.

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Bobby Bourgoin \(Robert du Bourg\)" <bobby.bourgoin@...> wrote:

                > Sound like dovetail type slides…
                >
                > Seigneur Robert du Bourg
                >
                > Sénéchal du Havre des Glaces
                >
                > Homme d'Arme de Lord Marek O'Brien
                >
                > Combattant, Archer, Menuisier, Danseur
                >
                > <mailto:bobby.bourgoin@...> bobby.bourgoin@...
                >
                > Bobby Bourgoin
                >
                > _________________________________
                >
                > I just hang on, and suffer well
                >
                > Sometimes it's hard,,, so hard to tell.
                >

                > I fear neither, death nor pain.
                >
                > I fear a cage, to stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them.
                >

                > _____

              • bigfredlab
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 17, 2009
                  I am looking for plans for a full size breakdown chair (from plywood) where everything is held together by teh seat sliding into grooves and a single larger pin holds the seat into the back. I have seen them on occasion at events. I believe they are called puzzle chairs.

                  These are similar in many ways to the GreyDragon Gothic Arch chairs, but doesn't use multiple pins.

                  Does anyone know where I can get plans of this nature?