Google Sketchup anyone use it?

  • Jeff Johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2009
      I've been playing with it, using it to generate plans for some of my projects. I was wondering if posting plans using files for the program would be of use, or if people prefer old-fashioned plans.
      Message 2 of 6 , May 19, 2009
        downloading it now....

        Gonna try it out myself.....

        Message 3 of 6 , May 19, 2009
          I uploaded a couple of files into the files section.

          > downloading it now....
          >
          > Gonna try it out myself.....
          >

          > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
          >
          > Aude Aliquid Dignum
          > ' Dare Something Worthy '
          >

          > ________________________________

        • jay sabath
          Message 4 of 6 , May 20, 2009
            slowly learning to use it.  great especially for the price

            --
            Lord Johannes Machiavelli
            Shire of Rokkehealden
            Message 5 of 6 , May 20, 2009
              I have been using Google Sketchup for years now. Very nice tool. Quick and relatively easy. I have used other programs in the past, but this is good for a good quick sketch.

              If you want a little more power, you can also use Alibre'. This is a more tricker program to use and its free for the basic version but you would have to pay to use the more versatile version. But the cool thing about Alibre' is that it will print out your design with all the measurements and specs on it. Plus, it has the ability to generate a cut list.

              But posting Sketchup drawing files would be awesome!

              Dave Manley
              Et in Arcadia ego

            • kirkdrago
              Message 6 of 6 , May 20, 2009
                I just took a class with Matthew Teague (used to edit Fine Woodworking Mag) and he recommended it. I've got a cad program I use at work, so I haven't played with it yet.

                KirkD