Re: [MedievalSawdust] Cardinal's scribal desk

  • julian wilson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2009
      Meisterin, I've asked her if she would be good enough to send me a copy - because I don't have access to a copy of the cited book, either; and our little Island Central Library doesn't "do" ILL for ordinary folk.
       Matthew

      --- On Sun, 3/5/09, Helen Schultz <helen.schultz@...> wrote:

      Ah, that would explain my perplexion <grin>.  Do you have a copy of that image, by the way (or can you maybe get it from that poster on the other list)?  I'd be most interested in seeing it... and I don't have access to that book.

    • Terri Morgan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2009
        > Do you have a copy of that image, by the way (or can
        > you maybe get it from that poster on the other list)?
        > I'd be most interested in seeing it... and I don't
        > have access to that book.

        I've been reading the List out of order but don't recall seeing an answer to
        this. The OP kindly threw a scan of the image up on the web:
        http://picasaweb.google.com/katie.e.clark/StefaneschiVatStPierreC129Fol17?fe
        at=directlink
        She states that it "is in a portrait-miniature of the Cardinal Jacopo
        Caetani Stefaneschi (c.1261-1341) in the Saint George Codex at the Vatican
        archives (C129 folio 17). "

        another responder also mentioned this:
        "A somewhat less elaborate desk, with only some of the features Ehud
        inquired for but including a swivel top, is illustrated in the late 15th-c.
        copy of the Speculum historiale produced for Edward IV: BL, MS Royal 14 E.
        1, f. 3 http://www.imagesonline.bl.uk/results.asp?image=006452 "

        Hrothny
      • Jim Looper
        Message 3 of 6 , May 5, 2009
          This may have already been posted, but there are a couple of files on the Yahoo group that have images of scribal desks. I've been thinking of making one for my wife who does scibal in Atlantia.

          Lucien