Re: [MedievalSawdust] Wooden crates

  • Thylacine
    Message 1 of 34 , May 2, 2009
      I mthink the above link is what Brusi is refering to. And thanks it looks like something I maqy want for myself as well.
      Thylacine

      On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Bruce S. R. Lee <bsrlee2@...> wrote:

      I have seen a plan for a simple folding plywood box - the original
      was used by travelling blanket salesmen in the 1930's. The sides
      hinge alternately inside & outside, and the bottom hinges along one
      long side and has a couple of case latches to hold it in place. The
      idea was that several could be placed in the car filled with stock,
      then collapsed flat as stock was sold.

      This is relevant to the SCA as a lot of people like to store their
      gear in a number of places at home when not going to events, but need
      a convenient way to transport their gear in the car and on site and
      want to make the box 'go away' when not actually being used.

      I can't find a current link to the plan, but I may have a .jpg or
      similar on an old hard drive, so it will take a while to find. The
      original plan I saw was on either a Delta or Porter-Cable site, you
      had to register to get access. Maybe someone else has a copy of the
      plan or can post the link?

      regards
      Brusi of Orkney
      Rowany/Lochac

      At 02:29 AM 3/05/2009, you wrote:
      >Hello,
      >I am looking for a pattern for a wooden crate that will fit in
      >'modern grocery store buggies'. I am planning on making these for
      >Christmas presents.
      >
      >It needs to be strong enough to hold up to daily use of modern
      >shopping. Like transporting can goods, bottles of wine, gallon of
      >milk, 5lb bags of sugar, etc.
      >It needs to be able to hold even the small items like a box of
      >spices, toothpicks, ect.
      >
      >Does anyone have any plans for such a crate? I am planning ahead
      >here for next year when the 'plastic bag tax' goes into effect nationwide.
      >
      >I already have canvas totes and net bags for produce in the works,
      >but everyone doesn't shop like I
      >do.
      >
      >Thanks in advance,
      >Dashleea

    • James Winkler
      Message 34 of 34 , May 8, 2009

        Leaking pen wrote:  >> So sit down, shut up, and if you aren't interested in the topic at
        hand, heres a great idea. DON'T READ IT.  <<

        Wow… harsh dude...   and this doesn’t apply to you how???

        Chas.

        _,_._,___