RE: [medievalsawdust] Digest Number 298

  • The Luegges
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2003
      I caught most of it before I had to leave and had the wife tape the rest,
      though I am not sure when I will have the chance to view the tape...
      All in all what I saw was pretty cool.

      Peace, Tracy.

      Hey.. cool... did anybody else catch the episode of "Mythbusters" on The
      Discovery Channel where they build a "log canon"... the sucker worked
      darned well on 8 oz. of powder and a carved stone ball... looks like it
      would have been very effective (the concept of a wood canon was based on an
      early period story about all of the villagers being killed when a log
      cannon they build to defend their village blew up...)... and YA' KNOW...
      5 lbs. of powder and plugged barrel... even the iron bands wouldn't hold
      it together... cool explosion... glad I wasn't there...