Wood canons

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2003
      Hey.. cool... did anybody else catch the episode of "Mythbusters"  on The Discovery Channel where they build a "log canon"...  the sucker worked darned well on 8 oz. of powder and a carved stone ball...  looks like it would have been very effective (the concept of a wood canon was based on an early period story about all of the villagers being killed when a log cannon they build to defend their village blew up...)...  and YA' KNOW...  5 lbs. of powder and plugged barrel...  even the iron bands wouldn't hold it together...  cool explosion... glad I wasn't there...

      Chas.
    • logan
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2003
        Message
        was a fun show.  kinda scary that the granite missile was never found nor did anyone see it exit the barrel.  that suggests a ton of speed.  pretty crude construction but definitely easy to do given some time.

        regards
        logan

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2003
          --- James Winkler <jrwinkler@...> wrote:
          > Hey.. cool... did anybody else catch the episode of
          > "Mythbusters" on The Discovery Channel where they
          > build a "log canon"...
          > Chas.

          I enjoyed that one too....

          =====