Blog Post Up

  • McNutt Jr, William R
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009

      I have posted part III of my series of articles on Shop Security at http://willstuff.wordpress.com.  Those interested are invited to come take a look.

      Regards,

      Master William

    • Mark Ross
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "McNutt Jr, William R" <mcnutt@...> wrote:

        > I have posted part III of my series of articles on Shop Security at
        > http://willstuff.wordpress.com Those interested are invited to come
        > take a look.
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Master William

        Interesting. My shop is in my homes basement;more secure, but closer to closet space than shop.

        Would this work for your windows, an additional layer of plywood screwed on from the inside, so there's no exposed screw heads to work on?
      • Scott G. Hofer
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009
          My grandfather's shop has those glass cube things used in block buildings.

          You can't see through them, they're tough as hell to break, but they still
          let ambient light through.

          Valgardr

          > I have posted part III of my series of articles on Shop Security at
          > http://willstuff.wordpress.com Those interested are invited to come
          > take a look.
          >

          > Regards,
          >
          > Master William

          Interesting. My shop is in my homes basement;more secure, but closer to
          closet space than shop.

          Would this work for your windows, an additional layer of plywood screwed on
          from the inside, so there's no exposed screw heads to work on?

        • Chuck Phillips
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 13, 2009

            Just a thought regarding burglar bars vs. windows.  A friend of mine runs a windows tinting business, and a couple of years ago he tested a couple varieties of window reinforcing films.  The winner held up to not only the baseball ball bat that defeated the others, but a 10 lb sledge hammer swung full force.  If you combine that with frosted glass, or at least blinds, and a secure sash lock you’ve got a pretty secure window.

            Charles Joiner

            Caid