RE: [MedievalSawdust] Check this out!

  • Royce
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009

      I gotta say… I really like the idea of this item though…

      http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=53927&cat=1,43413,45992

      I think it could double as an armor piece as well..

      Bercilak

    • Jose Leodefrediz
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
        1st impression...really cool!
        2nd impression...why does he have two planes? and why is the one hanging where it is?
        final thought...I hope he's wearing a cup!
        ;)

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 2, 2009
          It'll be fun to see him work around steel wall studs.
        • Alex Haugland
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 4, 2009
            The most disturbing thing to me is that either someone is very good with photoshop, or the guys at Lee Valley actually mocked up some or all of these "products"... I certainly wouldn't put it past them!

            --Alysaundre Weldon d'Ath
            Barony of Adiantum, An Tir

            Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
            WOW this is really kinda cool!

            http://www.leevalle y.com/wood/ page.aspx? p=62708&c=2

          • Kel Rekuta
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
              --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Alex Haugland <ahauglan@...> wrote:

              > The most disturbing thing to me is that either someone is very good with
              > photoshop, or the guys at Lee Valley actually mocked up some or all of
              > these "products"... I certainly wouldn't put it past them!
              >
              > --Alysaundre Weldon d'Ath
              > Barony of Adiantum, An Tir

              I know one of the R&D guys at LV in Ottawa. They are very creative folks with a fair bit of time on their hands. Mr. Lee wants them to think outside the box. They really do.

              I'm always amused when my tool p0rn catalogue arrives each month. Eeevil Lee Valley... ;-)
            • James Winkler
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009

                A finely detailed picture… ummm… anybody see any teeth on the saws??

                Chas.

                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                  Reginleif here. I wrote to Lee Valley about their All Fools Day offerings,
                  and this is what I gather:

                  The latest AFD was suggested by a customer
                  They actually have built each of the 6 (?) I think it is now, AFD offerings.
                  The development crew is a composite of Lee Valley and Veritas people
                  (maybe it's all the same and Lee Valley just builds tools under the
                  Veritas name rather than calling them Lee Valley....)
                  They seem to have a lot of fun doing this. (And who wouldn't? A fully
                  detailed spoof is so much fun to do, and they are getting paid to do it.
                  That's like getting paid for panhandling!)

                  So now I have to wait--hmm--about 360 days to see the next one.

                • avery1415@sbcglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 7, 2009
                    Can someone explain to me what makes this an April fools joke and the Stanley #55 a highly sought collectors item?

                    Avery
                  • conradh@efn.org
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 7, 2009
                      Um, well...That *is* a good question. On the other hand, I think they
                      could sell a few of these, if they had made more than one in the first
                      place. (Just think, something that none of your friends have....)

                      Reginleif

                    • barondevin@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 10, 2009
                        > Can someone explain to me what makes this an April fools joke and the Stanley #55
                        > a highly sought collectors item?

                        This one's not going into production, and approximately the same number of people originally wanted one?

                        Devin

                        "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)