Check this out!

    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
      WOW this is really kinda cool!

      http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=62708&c=2

    • Mark Ross
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
        Along with plaid paint and left handed spanners.
      • Wolf
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
          Posted on behalf of my wife:

          "Oh gawd, don't encourage him!"

          (I'm a bit of a gadget-freak - but in my case it'd probably be more
          along the lines of "Look Honey, I can mess up three dove-tails at once!)

          Wolf

          On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 06:23 -0700, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
          > WOW this is really kinda cool!
          >

          > http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?p=62708&c=2
          >
          > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
          >
          > Aude Aliquid Dignum
          > ' Dare Something Worthy '

        • AlbionWood
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
            That was my first thought, too:  "Hurray, I can ruin dovetails three times as  fast!"

            Gotta love Lee Valley for going to all the trouble to put that together just for one day.  Wonder how many orders they'll get?

            Cheers,
            Colin

            Wolf wrote:
            Posted on behalf of my wife:

            "Oh gawd, don't encourage him!"

            (I'm a bit of a gadget-freak - but in my case it'd probably be more
            along the lines of "Look Honey, I can mess up three dove-tails at once!)

            Wolf

          • Colleen Vince
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
              I love the fact its kind of written in a Ginsu knife kind of way. I was waiting for the

              "But wait theres more. If you order now, you get the threezer thrown in for free. Three tweezers in one compact unit.... But Wait theres more"

              Mary Ostler     aka Dirty Mary, Corinne, Colleen, Gadget,  Shauna of the Dead
              Apprentice to Mistress Agnes Cresewyke
              Builder of stuff and things.
            • Dave Ordway
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                I kinda' get a level of satisfaction from marking and cutting my dovetails one at a time.  This just seems wrong and if it truly works it would take away from my satisfaction of working the wood.  If I wanted to produce mass dovetails, why not do it with a jig and router.

                Lagerstein

                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                  And what is ron with a left handed spanner?

                  A life long lefty

                  Iain Griffen

                • conradh@efn.org
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                    Ulfhedinn's partner Reginleif here:

                    I should get ahold of Lee Valley. I have just the thing for them for April
                    1st next year. Something Ulfhedinn and I actually stock in our
                    blacksmithing business. It's an efficiency screwdriver. Shaped in a U with
                    a single handle extending below the base of the U, one arm of the U is a
                    straight blade screwdriver, and the other arm is a phillips head. You can
                    do two screws at once!

                    We've sold several to women who said, "*Here's* a tool he doesn't have!"
                    and they go away with a suspicious sparkle in their eyes.

                    Reginleif the Unruly

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                      now that the day is almost over... try adding the saw to your shopping cart

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                        so it's more of a Y shape?

                        hehe..  sorry.... funny maybe I need to get one....

                        I should get ahold of Lee Valley. I have just the thing for them for April
                        1st next year. Something Ulfhedinn and I actually stock in our
                        blacksmithing business. It's an efficiency screwdriver. Shaped in a U with
                        a single handle extending below the base of the U, one arm of the U is a
                        straight blade screwdriver, and the other arm is a phillips head. You can
                        do two screws at once!

                        We've sold several to women who said, "*Here's* a tool he doesn't have!"
                        and they go away with a suspicious sparkle in their eyes.

                        Reginleif the Unruly

                        On Wed, April 1, 2009 9:05 am, AlbionWood wrote:

                        > That was my first thought, too: "Hurray, I can ruin dovetails three
                        > times as fast!"
                        >
                        > Gotta love Lee Valley for going to all the trouble to put that together
                        > just for one day. Wonder how many orders they'll get?
                        >
                        > Cheers,
                        > Colin
                        >

                        > Wolf wrote: Posted on behalf of my wife: "Oh gawd, don't encourage
                        > him!" (I'm a bit of a gadget-freak - but in my case it'd probably be
                        > more along the lines of "Look Honey, I can mess up three dove-tails at
                        > once!) Wolf

                      • Royce
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009

                          I gotta say… I really like the idea of this item though…

                          http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=53927&cat=1,43413,45992

                          I think it could double as an armor piece as well..

                          Bercilak

                        • Jose Leodefrediz
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 1, 2009
                            1st impression...really cool!
                            2nd impression...why does he have two planes? and why is the one hanging where it is?
                            final thought...I hope he's wearing a cup!
                            ;)

                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 2, 2009
                              It'll be fun to see him work around steel wall studs.
                            • Alex Haugland
                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 4, 2009
                                The most disturbing thing to me is that either someone is very good with photoshop, or the guys at Lee Valley actually mocked up some or all of these "products"... I certainly wouldn't put it past them!

                                --Alysaundre Weldon d'Ath
                                Barony of Adiantum, An Tir

                                Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
                                WOW this is really kinda cool!

                                http://www.leevalle y.com/wood/ page.aspx? p=62708&c=2

                              • Kel Rekuta
                                Message 15 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                                  --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Alex Haugland <ahauglan@...> wrote:

                                  > The most disturbing thing to me is that either someone is very good with
                                  > photoshop, or the guys at Lee Valley actually mocked up some or all of
                                  > these "products"... I certainly wouldn't put it past them!
                                  >
                                  > --Alysaundre Weldon d'Ath
                                  > Barony of Adiantum, An Tir

                                  I know one of the R&D guys at LV in Ottawa. They are very creative folks with a fair bit of time on their hands. Mr. Lee wants them to think outside the box. They really do.

                                  I'm always amused when my tool p0rn catalogue arrives each month. Eeevil Lee Valley... ;-)
                                • James Winkler
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009

                                    A finely detailed picture… ummm… anybody see any teeth on the saws??

                                    Chas.

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Apr 5, 2009
                                      Reginleif here. I wrote to Lee Valley about their All Fools Day offerings,
                                      and this is what I gather:

                                      The latest AFD was suggested by a customer
                                      They actually have built each of the 6 (?) I think it is now, AFD offerings.
                                      The development crew is a composite of Lee Valley and Veritas people
                                      (maybe it's all the same and Lee Valley just builds tools under the
                                      Veritas name rather than calling them Lee Valley....)
                                      They seem to have a lot of fun doing this. (And who wouldn't? A fully
                                      detailed spoof is so much fun to do, and they are getting paid to do it.
                                      That's like getting paid for panhandling!)

                                      So now I have to wait--hmm--about 360 days to see the next one.

                                    • avery1415@sbcglobal.net
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Apr 7, 2009
                                        Can someone explain to me what makes this an April fools joke and the Stanley #55 a highly sought collectors item?

                                        Avery
                                      • conradh@efn.org
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Apr 7, 2009
                                          Um, well...That *is* a good question. On the other hand, I think they
                                          could sell a few of these, if they had made more than one in the first
                                          place. (Just think, something that none of your friends have....)

                                          Reginleif

                                        • barondevin@comcast.net
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Apr 10, 2009
                                            > Can someone explain to me what makes this an April fools joke and the Stanley #55
                                            > a highly sought collectors item?

                                            This one's not going into production, and approximately the same number of people originally wanted one?

                                            Devin

                                            "The mass of Men lead lives of quiet desperation because some fool poet has borrowed their tools." R. Underhill (para.)