Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: freindly reminder

    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 30, 2009
      I have NO idea how he managed to do it, but I know
      someone that shot a staple ( for woodworking not
      for paper ) into his palm.  It hit a tendon and caused that
      tendon to pull the hand shut.... He said it was lots of
      fun to open the hand to pull it out.... Even numbed
      by the doctor.....

      The Dr. had to pry my thumb/finger loose,...(I couldn't) and then he had to use his hands to pry open the wound to see how bad it was,...,my grip had sealed it shut.>>

      I did the same thing when I cut myself at the base of my thumb. (My war injury was doing dishes, though--handle of a cup snapped off in my hand and sliced into my thumb). My hand had clamped so tightly over the wound I couldn't open it.

      Laurensa