RE: [medievalsawdust] Digest Number 289

  • Dan Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2003
      Too bad it was too small of a class. I live in Grand Rapids and I have
      heard of the Tillers. Been meaning to price some classes there too. Thanks
      for the info.

      --
      In service to the dream,

      Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
      Privateer to the Midrealm

      Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
      (Take time to dance in the rain)

      Cymru am byth ("Wales Forever")

      >From: "The Luegges" <luegge@...>
      >To: "medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com" <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: RE: [medievalsawdust] Digest Number 289
      >Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:46:13 -0400
      >
      >I tried to get into a class at Tillers International in Kalamazoo
      >(Michigan) to make a hand plane but they said they only had me and one
      >other guy and that was not enough. Tuition was a bit steep, $125 I think
      >but when I look at the prices some places get for hand planes it's not too
      >bad. Plus I would know how to make my own later. If any are interested
      >they said they would try to have the class again next year. They can be
      >found via the web at: http://www.wmich.edu/tillers/home/ They also have
      >some classes on timber framing and blacksmithing as well as coopering.
      >Just a thought...
      >
      >Oengus.
      >
      > > From: "Dan Baker" <Capten_Rhys@...>
      > > Subject: Re: Planes
      > >
      > > That would be very cool. Something I didn't really think about was
      >making
      > > some of the tools that allow us to make other things. I thought about a
      > > pole lathe, but haven't done anything yet. The smaller items planes and
      >the
      > > like never really occurred to me. worth looking at to see what types of
      > > things they might have used. Maybe jigs for coopering, or for bending
      >wood,
      > > I wonder what there is to find.

      Send instant messages to anyone on your contact list with MSN Messenger
      6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com