SCA, Medieval and renaissance auction site - scaauction.org

  • logan
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 27, 2009

      forwarded for a friend.  this was the site that i posted not too long ago, he bought the domain scaauction.org so i thought i would send out an update.

      regards

      logan

      "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell."
      Harry S Truman

      "If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared"
      Niccolo Machiavelli

      www.ebonwoulfe. com

      Greetings,

      If you are interested in buying or selling SCA, Medieval and renaissance usable items and want a targeted audience I have created an auction site just for us. It does not require a credit card or any other garbage to join. Payment methods available for Sellers are Check, Money Order or Paypal and is the sellers responsibility to advertise what they accept on their items.

      There are small fees associated with selling items. Proceeds will cover hosting and development costs.

      This auction site is moderated and feedback options are available to both buyer and seller. For now terms and conditions for this site include: Buyer and Seller accept all liability of items purchased and sold on this site. Sellers agree to sell only SCA, Medieval and renascence and related items on this site. Sellers selling items other than related goods and services will have their items removed and may be banned from this site.

       This site is in no way associated with SCA Inc.

       Please check the terms and conditions often as I’m certain the lawyers out there will help me change them.

      My hope is to see good quality, usable items available to a recreation audience.

      Please feel free to cross post this message or contact me.

      Happy bidding,

      Matthew

      http://scaauction.org

    • Barbara
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
        For the woodcarvers out there: What is your favorite way to transfer your
        design drawing onto the wood? (Assuming you don't all freehand your
        carvings.... ) ;-)

        Mir!
        Tatjana

        "It's never too late to be what you might have been."
      • Snaebjorn Hakonarson
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
          I use an X-Acto carving  tool. It ain't the greatest method or tool but it works for me for now. I'm sure that I'll find better ways soon enough but for now it's what I have.

          I really prefer to do my carving with hand tools. Power tools just feel impersonal to me.

          Snaebjorn

          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
            I use the old primary school method of colouring in the back of my design with 4B pencil and then tracing over the design to leave a pencil mark on the wood. I did use carbon paper once, but the carbon ink stained the wood and was very hard to remove. If your wood is very clean and softish you can omit the pencil on the back and just press hard with a ball point or a stylus which will leave a visible dent in the wood.

            Miriam

            --
            Agite primo recte! Nihil igitur durat tamquam enodatia brevis at satis.
            (Do it right the first time, because nothing is so permanent as a temporary solution that works)

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011

              I’m high tech.   I flip it in a graphics editor, print it on a laser printer, and then iron it on.  The heat from the iron reactivates the toner and transfers to the surface.  You have to be careful – the heat from the iron can actually harden the wood.

              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                Will this work for Ink Jet also?

                William Fariss

                email: wfariss@...

                "Never look back unless you want to go that way"

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                   i do this...

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                    Nope, Laser only

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                      It does, however, work with a photocopy. So you could mirror print the design with the ink-jet and then get a photocopy of that to transfer. 8->

                      Miriam

                      On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:

                      Nope, Laser only

                      On 1/10/11 7:33 PM, Bill Fariss wrote:

                      > Will this work for Ink Jet also?
                      >

                      > William Fariss
                      >
                      > email: wfariss@... <mailto:wfariss@...>

                      > "Never look back unless you want to go that way"

                    • Sean Powell
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                        Check that the copier actually copies at 100% and not 99% scale (if it's important to you). Many have a small built in reduction.

                        Sean

                        On 1/10/2011 10:13 PM, Laura Iseman wrote: It does, however, work with a photocopy. So you could mirror print the design with the ink-jet and then get a photocopy of that to transfer. 8->

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011

                          I don’t think so.  I don’t think that inkjet is heat activated.

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011

                            I can only find straight hamsters that can hum a bit… will they still work?

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                              yes, rub the art work with thier belly, dip thier feetsies in paints let them run..voila, intant medival techniques "jackson Polluck"

                              I can only find straight hamsters that can hum a bit… will they still work?

                              I use the old primary school method of colouring in the back of my design with 4B pencil and then tracing over the design to leave a pencil mark on the wood. I did use carbon paper once, but the carbon ink stained the wood and was very hard to remove. If your wood is very clean and softish you can omit the pencil on the back and just press hard with a ball point or a stylus which will leave a visible dent in the wood.

                              Miriam

                            • Electric Wolf
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jan 10, 2011
                                Do you have a paint you recommend?  Because that would be an awesome addition to just about any woodwork to give to someone in Calontir...  :D

                                On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:01 AM, AqA WyrdWynd <wyrdwynd@...> wrote:

                                yes, rub the art work with thier belly, dip thier feetsies in paints let them run..voila, intant medival techniques "jackson Polluck"

                                I can only find straight hamsters that can hum a bit… will they still work?

                                I use the old primary school method of colouring in the back of my design with 4B pencil and then tracing over the design to leave a pencil mark on the wood. I did use carbon paper once, but the carbon ink stained the wood and was very hard to remove. If your wood is very clean and softish you can omit the pencil on the back and just press hard with a ball point or a stylus which will leave a visible dent in the wood.

                                Miriam

                                On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Barbara <tiger@...> wrote:

                                --
                                David "Volk'abe" Mc.
                                Nullum beneficium inpune stat.
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
                                  roflmao...pets sfe please thens use a fixtive laquer by deco to seal, after drying poly spray it< matte finish

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011
                                    You could possibly try iron on transfer paper designed hor ink jet printers. Not sure how well it would work, but if it works on T-shirts.....

                                    Duncan Sinclair (MKA: Chris Anderson)
                                    Shire of Qal 'at Ja'far
                                    and
                                    The Barony of Sternfeld
                                    Middle Kingdom

                                    Greenwood #514, F&AM

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jan 11, 2011

                                        You can also still find old-school carbon paper.   You just have to hunt.