A chance for sawdust immortality

  • Ingeborg i Trondheim
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
      Any SCA woodworker, including those not in our Kingdom of Atlantia, are eligible for this once in a lifetime contest.
      Ingeborg

      URL for information on the MARCH 7 event:  http://www.kasf2009.com/

      URL for the competitions:  http://www.kasf2009.com/competitions.php#inter

      Dear Artisans in Wood,

      There is still time to develop your design for a reliquary for actual relics of Saint Barbara which will be honored by a church as close to the Medieval Age as any now existant.  The contest does not ask for the actual wooden case but for the drawings and concept, with only the winning design to be made for the church.  Father John of the Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church (Baltimore, MD) and two of his church leaders will stop by Kingdom A&S, 1:30 to 3;30, in hopes of choosing one for their church.  Please follow the URL above to see the details on the two relics that must be encased, including photographs of the relics and the church.

      If you would like to meet the churchmen, please introduce yourself to me.  I will be at the St. Mattheis Guild's table selling lengths of fabric to benefit the Barony of Bright Hills (fabric at a fabulous low, low price) in the same hall that has Troll.

      Yours in service,

      Lady Ingeborg i Trondheim

      The Barony of Bright Hills

      Guildmistress: The Worshipful Society of St. Mattheis

      While they are there, they are hoping to show another smaller project that requires a craftsman with Medieval sensibilities to any wood craftsmen or women in the hall.