Re: [medievalsawdust] Re: Planes

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2003
      --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
      > That would be very cool. Something I didn't really
      > think about was making
      > some of the tools that allow us to make other
      > things. I thought about a
      > pole lathe, but haven't done anything yet. The
      > smaller items planes and the
      > like never really occurded to me. worth looking at
      > to see what types of
      > things they might have used. Maybe jigs for
      > coopering, or for bending wood,
      > I wonder what there is to find.

      I've got this long term project going
      I'm making a tool box full of tools. Actually
      there will be two sets when I am done. The first
      set I'm making with power tools. The second set
      I'm going to make with the first set. I've made
      two bow saws, two braces with a simple bit, a
      marking gauge, two marking knives, a brad awl,
      a square, a mallet..... uhhh... I think that's it

      I'd like to try a plane next, maybe a chisel or
      two before hand....

      =====
      Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
      Seneschal, Barony of Fenix