Re: Fw: [MR] Need wood carving recommendations

  • bayard_turner
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
      I don't know how close you are to a decent-sized city, but many towns
      have a woodcarver's club. Ours meets every week, with as much gabbing
      as carving many days. They are a very welcoming group, and will show
      anyone who's interested how to carve. If you're really serious, a
      couple of the best offer more formal instruction for a reasonable
      price. If you know what you want to carve, bring a picture to a
      meeting, and ask if anyone could help you figure out how to do this.

      I'm not sure how to help you find them in your area, but one method
      may be to look for a local chapter of the American Association of
      Woodturners (http://www.woodturner.org). In the Fargo-Moorhead area,
      a number of the turners are also carvers, and one group can usually
      direct you to the other. I'd contact your local AAW chapter and ask
      if they know where the carvers meet.

      Good luck and enjoy!

      Bayard

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Dodge" <awench1@...>