Re: Pattens

  • cedricofthanet
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 8, 2009
      Aside from alder and poplar the "Shoes and Pattens" book also notes
      members of the Salicaceae family which would also include willows.
      It'd also be light and easy to work. I've been looking around for
      some to try for this purpose and a hopeful Coppergate box
      reconstruction, but all the wood around here is covered in snow at the
      moment and will be till about May.

      Cedric of Thanet (new to the list)

      <http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_012009>