Are you in the contest for Kingdom A&S?

  • Ingeborg i Trondheim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2009

      Dear Sawdusters,

      Are any of you working on drawing plans for the St. Barbara Medieval reliquary for the Kingdom Arts and Sciences Contest?

      Only the concept is required for the contest, with the actual crafting of the object designed to be done later in a a time mutually agreeable to you and the church.

      Lady Ingeborg i Trondheim

      Contest Sponsor: Medieval Reliquary for Saint Barbara

      If this contest interests you, please view the photos and read the complete information posted on the Website: http://www.kasf2009 .com/stbarbara/ .

      We in the SCA have been offered the chance of a Medieval lifetime – Father John Vass representing Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church ( Baltimore , MD ) has requested that a contest be held to craft a holder in the Medieval style for two of their most sacred objects, both related to their patron saint, St. Barbara of the Tower.  I have agreed to sponsor this contest and judging will take place at the 2009 Kingdom of Atlantia Arts and Sciences Festival on March 7, 2009, at Winchester, Maryland.

      The objects are her icon--a painting in the Russian Medieval style--which has a silver halo crowning her head, and her relic, a bone sliver, which is in a small closed silver box.  (See Father John's photos and measurements. )