Roy Underhill

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
      I've heard a strong rumor that
      Roy Underhill is gonna be in town
      in May at Sharon Woods (?) I'll
      try to track down more definate
      info and let everyone know....

      Conal

      http://greetings.yahoo.com/
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
        Cool I have his books. Great man to learn something about hand tools.

        Hey Conal, how's the secret project going?

        --
        YIS,

        Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
        Privateer to the Midrealm

        Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
        ...Take time to dance in the rain...

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
          Working on a coffer chair right now....
          for a thank you gift.

          Conal

          I've got soooo much to get done by
          Pennsic

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 30, 2002
            tell me about it. I am doing a gift of a viking bed right now. I should be
            out in the garage sanding, but, I took a break.

            Message 5 of 10 , May 21, 2002
              Hi all,
              We've been kinda quiet lately...

              I've been working on some ideas for
              a combat crossbow, and thinking about
              this year's campbed ( four poster style )

              Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
              Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
              at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
              a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
              of his books for me. ( and a picture
              with me squinting into the sun )

              They are looking for someone to head
              up the project for the building of a
              blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
              a little experience in timberframing
              and a bit more free time. I've put my
              name on the list of those to call once
              they start building it though....

              Conal

              LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
              http://launch.yahoo.com
            • Dan Baker
              Message 6 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                Nice, sounds like fun.

                Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?

                Message 7 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                  ROY!...  awww, cool.   He was down in St.Louis a while back.  Didn't get to see him there either, darn.  ;-)   Some people have all the luck...

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                    Yes,
                    I'm bringing the loom...

                    Conal

                    --- Dan Baker <Capten_Rhys@...> wrote:
                    > Nice, sounds like fun.
                    >
                    > Hey Conal, are you going to be at Kingdom A&S?
                    >

                    > >Hi all,
                    > > We've been kinda quiet lately...
                    > >
                    > >I've been working on some ideas for
                    > >a combat crossbow, and thinking about
                    > >this year's campbed ( four poster style )
                    > >
                    > > Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
                    > >Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
                    > >at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
                    > >a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
                    > >of his books for me. ( and a picture
                    > >with me squinting into the sun )
                    > >
                    > > They are looking for someone to head
                    > >up the project for the building of a
                    > >blacksmith's shop. Wow, I wish I had
                    > >a little experience in timberframing
                    > >and a bit more free time. I've put my
                    > >name on the list of those to call once
                    > >they start building it though....
                    > >

                    > > Conal

                    > >LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                    > >http://launch.yahoo.com
                    > ><< underhill9.jpg >>
                    >

                    > --
                    > YIS,
                    >
                    > Lord Rhys, Capten gen y Arian Lloer
                    > Privateer to the Midrealm
                    >
                    > Arafu at dawnsio mewn adlaw
                    > ...Take time to dance in the rain...

                    LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
                    http://launch.yahoo.com
                  • Scott Lane
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 22, 2002
                        Sunday Christophe and I got to meet
                      Roy Underhill at the Heritage Village
                      at Sharon Woods Park near Cincy. He is
                      a really nice guy. Got him to sign one
                      of his books for me. ( and a picture
                      with me squinting into the sun )

                               Hmmm, Chrisophe was supposed to let me know when he was going to be in town...

                      Aodhfin
                    • Dan Baker
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 23, 2002
                        Very cool, I look forward to seeing it. It's only a 9 hour drive for me,
                        thought we would just day-trip it.......