16th century Spindles

  • souriete
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2009
      Does anyone have any information on 16th century spindles? I know that
      ceramic whorls were being imported from the Rhineland to London
      throughout the 16th century, but I haven't been able to track down a
      picture of a complete spindle from that time. I'm primarily looking
      for images of English spindles, but given the lack of any data, I am
      interested in seeing any spindles from that time period in Europe.