Re: wood and bowing

  • cuvien1438
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 22, 2009
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Bill McNutt" <mcnutt@...>
      wrote:

      > So what did you decide on?
      >
      > Will
      >
      > _____
      >
      > To be honest, I already had some stain. I bought it when I started
      the project. But I thought I was supposed to wait til they stabilized
      before I stained them. I didn't realize that the stain is what brings
      this about!

      So, I simply applied the stain. And you guys were right, they have
      been as uneffected by humidity as anything I can think of. I still
      keep them standing on end and rotate them occasionally, though I'm
      not sure I even need to do that.

      The one thing I think I'll add is the idea of dipping the ground ends
      in a weather protector, even though I made extra poles.

      Wish I'd taken some pics, but I'm still learning how.

      Thanks again everyone!

      Cuvien