Re: Table leg

  • Jeff Johnson
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 12, 2009
      But the surviving ones are mostly later and of afixed to the legs. (No
      finds of trestles coincides with no finds of trestle tops. :) ) Most
      of what you see in illustrations seem pretty thin. I suspect it might
      just be that the simple solution of gravity and friction held table
      tops in place and that people then knew better than to lean against
      tables.
    • Jeff Johnson
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 12, 2009
        Wow. I'd seen that stained glass image in far less resolution before.
        I hadn't dreamed it'd have that level of detail on the leg.

        THANK YOU!

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Wolf <wolfeyes@...> wrote:

        > Swe-e-e-e-t!
        >
        > Beautiful window, do you know anything about it? Where it is, when it
        > was made, etc?
        >
        > (a request from SWMBO <g>)
        >
        > On Fri, 2009-01-09 at 22:25 -0500, Stan Hunter wrote:
        > > The best image I know of showing the construction of table trestles,
        > > with no nasty table-cloths, is attached.
        > >
        > > Sir Stanford

      • gunwaldt
        Message 3 of 24 , Jan 13, 2009
          Could someone post this in the files section for those of us who don't
          receive attachments?

          thanks,
          Gunwaldt

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Stan Hunter" <sd_hunter@...>