Re: [medievalsawdust] Digest Number 282

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2003
      >Anybody else working on anything?

      Today I rebuilt the west half of the box beam and put
      in demi-rafters for the bead board to attach to in
      front of the balcony. With luck, tomorrow we'll re-do
      the facia/eaves (I don't like them), shim the
      demi-rafters so they're all level with one another,
      finish the redecking, at least of the northwest
      quadrant, and, maybe install some temporary jacks and
      tear out the tops of the brick pillars which the
      previous owner "repaired" and that partially collapsed
      when I was trimming the wysteria. Best guess is that
      they used dirt, flour and water as mortar - maybe with
      a crumbled up charcoal briquette to give it some
      color.

      So yeah, I've been working on something.

      I WANT MY ACTIVE FANTASY LIFE BACK!

      Avery

      (And if you're really nice, I'll put up a directory of
      pictures titled, "Dear God in heaven, what have I
      done?")