Re: [medievalsawdust] Kungsara Bench

  • Joseph Hayes
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2003
      --- Mikhalis@... wrote:
      > Thats IT! do you have any other info on it? What book was this photo
      > and info taken from? I have emailed the Museum listed in the article
      > to see if they still house the piece.

      All the data was in the file bench03.jpg.

      To answer an earlier question, the bench is dated to "Anfang 12. Jh."
      which translates to "at the beginning of 12th century."

      Ulrich

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • peerlady
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2003
        That is such a cool bench. A narrower version would make a nice
        little throne. And if you look carefully at the interior of the
        Golden Hall of Edoras in "The Two Towers", you'll see a bench based
        on this one.
        -- Signy