Re: [MedievalSawdust] drilling jig with eccentric cam

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008
      I'll take a picture later today and throw it up here......

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008
        Another option that I have had success with when constructing "X chairs" is to rough cut the pieces, drill one set of holes on each piece, then use the dowels that I plan to join them to connect the pieces to drill the remaining holes.  This method proves to give equal spacing on all pieces.  During the finishing phase (sanding or planing) I connect the same pieces with the dowels.  The end result is nicely aligned members which are extremely important for x or scissor chairs.  Plan on spending allot of time at the drill press but it's worth it.

        Lagerstein