Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Period slat bed plans

    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2008
      I can't get the file/page to open....

      From: James Winkler <jrwinkler@...>
      To: medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:29:59 PM
      Subject: RE: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Period slat bed plans

       >> What does everyone think of the rope bed variant espoused here <<

      Well… I don’t know how “truly period” it is… but it has a “look and feel” that wouldn’t be out of place in a medieval encampment.   I LOVE it as a bedding concept for camping…  I can see a LOT of advantages to the canvas from a comfort basis…  It even *looks* like this arrangement will distribute the tensions of the rope along the sides better than a standard rope bed does…  personally  I think it’s fabulous…  and you’re ‘space saving (and weight saving) considerations are right on…

      Sweet design…

      Chas. Oakley

    • Dave Ordway
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 2, 2008
        I made a pair of Glastonbury style chairs out of 1x pine.  I chose this material for the cost effectiveness and for the reason that it was a new design attempt for me.  They have been going strong for a few years now and have been to many demos and festivals over the years.  As these were a prototype, I am waiting for them to become unusable before rebuilding out of a more expensive hardwood.  It appears that I may have some more time to wait.

        Lagerstein