Re: Period slat bed plans

  • MJ/CM
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2008
      What does everyone think of the rope bed variant espoused here:

      http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/bed1.pdf

      I am drawn to it, having had issues with rope beds in the past but liking the idea of a smaller amount of wood to haul (living in NYC, space is a major consideration). IF it is a truly period design that is a plus, but there is no accompanying documentation to support this.

      Corwyn

    • Dave Ordway
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 2, 2008
        I made a pair of Glastonbury style chairs out of 1x pine.  I chose this material for the cost effectiveness and for the reason that it was a new design attempt for me.  They have been going strong for a few years now and have been to many demos and festivals over the years.  As these were a prototype, I am waiting for them to become unusable before rebuilding out of a more expensive hardwood.  It appears that I may have some more time to wait.

        Lagerstein