Re: wood to use

  • hrolfr_ornsson
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 30, 2008
      I have used Pine... 2x pine from the box store to build a viking
      style slat bed. I am well a pretty stout Lad and had no issues with
      the bed :D For the legs I used 4x4 rough cut cypress ( there is a
      mill near by) but I am sure you could glue up a couple 2x4s to make
      the legs..... there is my 2 cents

      Hrolfr
      Senechal Fiach Ogan

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Bobby Bourgoin \(Robert du
      Bourg\)" <bobby.bourgoin@...> wrote:

      > Greetings
      >
      > I have a few pieces of (portable / break-down) furniture I want to
      build,
      > and want to know;
      >
      > Is standard pin lumbar a good choice? If not what should I use???
      >
      > Thanks.
      >

      > Robert du Bourg
      >
      > Sénéchal du Havre des Glaces
      >
      > Homme d'Arme de Lord Marek O'Brien

      > <mailto:bobby.bourgoin@...> bobby.bourgoin@...
      >
      > Bobby Bourgoin

    • Dave Ordway
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 2, 2008
        I made a pair of Glastonbury style chairs out of 1x pine.  I chose this material for the cost effectiveness and for the reason that it was a new design attempt for me.  They have been going strong for a few years now and have been to many demos and festivals over the years.  As these were a prototype, I am waiting for them to become unusable before rebuilding out of a more expensive hardwood.  It appears that I may have some more time to wait.

        Lagerstein