Medieval Ventures

  • alexwestreich
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2008
      Hey everyone, http://MedievalVentures.com, the all new, all medieval
      auction site, has excitedly been taken advantage of by SCA members and
      medieval enthusiasts across the united states(and even international).
      At Medieval Ventures, you can buy and sell items without the high fees
      and unfocused searches of eBay. It's free to sign up and free to get
      your items listed, so check it out.

      Every week in our newsletter, one applicant is chosen to be the member
      of the week. This will tell everyone about the member, what they are
      currently selling or looking to buy, and about themselves in general.
      Any member can apply simply by filling out a contact forum via the
      website with at least one paragraph about what they are looking for in
      the site, what organization or group they are with (if valid), and any
      other tidbits they want everyone to know.
    • julian wilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2008
        This is "astro-turfing", I think. We had a case like this last year,  - in fact from the phrasing and the fact that this guy is acting in exactly the same way - "wall-papering" all the SCA -oriented Lists I'm on - [and that's most of them which google will call up] it wouldn't surprise me if the name is an "aka". I joined this list to share stuff about medieval woodwork, not to read blatantly-commercial advertising. Moderator, please attend.
        Matthew