Re: [MedievalSawdust] Stitching horse for leather work

  • conradh@efn.org
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 17 1:44 AM
      On Wed, November 12, 2008 7:24 am, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
      > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
      > it's turning out great!

      It looks great--so what hardware are you needing? Is it incomplete, or do
      you just want to replace the chromed bits I see in the photos?

      If your deal with your friend doesn't work out, I might be able to make
      hinges, pins or whatever.

      Ulfhedinn
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 17 4:28 AM
        I'll attach a drawing....

        On Wed, November 12, 2008 7:24 am, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
        > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
        > it's turning out great!

        It looks great--so what hardware are you needing? Is it incomplete, or do
        you just want to replace the chromed bits I see in the photos?

        If your deal with your friend doesn't work out, I might be able to make
        hinges, pins or whatever.

        Ulfhedinn

      • Jim Hart
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 23 3:28 PM
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 9, 2008
            <baronconal@...> wrote:

            > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
            > it's turning out great!
            >

            > I just wanted to share picture....

            > the clamp is 5 1/4" wide....
            >
            > All that is left is the hardware and final sanding...
            >
            > I've got a guy that might be able to make the metal parts for me...
            >

            > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
            >
            > Aude Aliquid Dignum
            > ' Dare Something Worthy '

            Very nice! I do some leather work myself. Question: why is the clam
            canted off center? I do all my stitching with a portable pony straight
            on left and right.