Re: [MedievalSawdust] Stitching horse for leather work

  • leaking pen
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
      you are right. i missed that. thanks!

    • conradh@efn.org
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 17, 2008
        On Wed, November 12, 2008 7:24 am, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
        > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
        > it's turning out great!

        It looks great--so what hardware are you needing? Is it incomplete, or do
        you just want to replace the chromed bits I see in the photos?

        If your deal with your friend doesn't work out, I might be able to make
        hinges, pins or whatever.

        Ulfhedinn
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 17, 2008
          I'll attach a drawing....

          On Wed, November 12, 2008 7:24 am, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
          > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
          > it's turning out great!

          It looks great--so what hardware are you needing? Is it incomplete, or do
          you just want to replace the chromed bits I see in the photos?

          If your deal with your friend doesn't work out, I might be able to make
          hinges, pins or whatever.

          Ulfhedinn

        • Jim Hart
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 23, 2008
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 9, 2008
              <baronconal@...> wrote:

              > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
              > it's turning out great!
              >

              > I just wanted to share picture....

              > the clamp is 5 1/4" wide....
              >
              > All that is left is the hardware and final sanding...
              >
              > I've got a guy that might be able to make the metal parts for me...
              >

              > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
              >
              > Aude Aliquid Dignum
              > ' Dare Something Worthy '

              Very nice! I do some leather work myself. Question: why is the clam
              canted off center? I do all my stitching with a portable pony straight
              on left and right.