Re: [MedievalSawdust] Stitching horse for leather work

  • Michael Houghton
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
      Howdy!

      On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:21 PM, leaking pen <itsatrap@...> wrote:
      > Its basically a giant clamp to hold the work together, so you have
      > both hands free to work the needle. most of the ones i see are stand
      > ups, where you put a foot down on wood to hold it shut. This one
      > seems of the sitting style, probably using the knees to clamp together
      > the wood clamp.

      It looks like there is a pedal for the right foot attached to the black
      strap that draws the clamp together.

      yours,
      Herveus

      --
      Michael Houghton | Herveus d'Ormonde
      herveus@... | White Wolf and the Phoenix
      | http://whitewolfandphoenix.com
    • leaking pen
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 13, 2008
        you are right. i missed that. thanks!

      • conradh@efn.org
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 17, 2008
          On Wed, November 12, 2008 7:24 am, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
          > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
          > it's turning out great!

          It looks great--so what hardware are you needing? Is it incomplete, or do
          you just want to replace the chromed bits I see in the photos?

          If your deal with your friend doesn't work out, I might be able to make
          hinges, pins or whatever.

          Ulfhedinn
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 17, 2008
            I'll attach a drawing....

            On Wed, November 12, 2008 7:24 am, Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart wrote:
            > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
            > it's turning out great!

            It looks great--so what hardware are you needing? Is it incomplete, or do
            you just want to replace the chromed bits I see in the photos?

            If your deal with your friend doesn't work out, I might be able to make
            hinges, pins or whatever.

            Ulfhedinn

          • Jim Hart
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 23, 2008
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 9, 2008
                <baronconal@...> wrote:

                > I've been working on a leather stitching horse for a squire brother and
                > it's turning out great!
                >

                > I just wanted to share picture....

                > the clamp is 5 1/4" wide....
                >
                > All that is left is the hardware and final sanding...
                >
                > I've got a guy that might be able to make the metal parts for me...
                >

                > Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                >
                > Aude Aliquid Dignum
                > ' Dare Something Worthy '

                Very nice! I do some leather work myself. Question: why is the clam
                canted off center? I do all my stitching with a portable pony straight
                on left and right.